What is CDN?
Benefits of using a CDN:
- Accommodate heavy traffic - CDNs helps to deliver better user experiences when downloading video and audio content.
- Higher speeds – Being geographically closer to the users improves the connection speed and reduces latency.
- File Mirroring –If natural disasters cause some servers to go down, then file mirroring will protect your data.
- Data Redundancy - If a node of the CDN fails, other nodes will be able to handle the traffic.
- Reduced costs – Reduces cost of bandwidth compared to serving traffic from a centralized location.
- Security – Adding security protection levels at the CDN nodes and introduce DDoS attack protection mitigation.
CDN servers are located around the globe in every continent, making the content accessible to the users faster. CDNs are the ultimate cache, and the cheapest way to serve content all around the world.