How to install WordPress on CPanel
WordPress is one of the most popular CMSs (Content Management System), which has attracted many advocates recently. This system has a simple and flexible environment that makes it easy to use.
At this tutorial, we use CPanel as web hosting control panel and we will install WordPress on this control panel.
- Firstly, download WordPress from this link: “Downloading WordPress”
- After that go to CPanel environment and select “File Manager”
- Go to “Public html” directory and click on “Upload” button.
- In upload page click on “Select File” button and select downloaded WordPress file.
- After uploading that zip file, right click on it and select “Extract” to copy all files to “Public html/” directory.
- After copying files, you must create a database for WordPress. For creating database open CPanel main page and select “MySQL Database Wizard”.
- Enter a database name in “New Database:” field and click on “Next Step” button.
- In the next step, you must create a user for the created database, for doing this action enter a username and password into related fields.
- In the last step, you must active all privileges of database for created user. Click on “ALL PRIVILEGES” to give all permissions to the user for managing database. After that click on “Next Step” button.
- At this point, you have completed the database installation and you must start WordPress installation.
- Open a bowser and enter your domain name in URL bar to start WordPress installation.
- Select your language and click on “Continue” button.
- At the first step, WordPress will ask you details of the database and you must complete related fields like database name, username, and password which you entered when creating the database.
- After clicking on “Submit” button, WordPress will check database connection status and automatically will go to the next step.
- If this process goes well, you should be able to run the WordPress installation, at this step click on “Run the install” button.
- Give your WordPress site a title and enter the information necessary to create your admin account.
- Then click “Install WordPress” and WordPress login page will appear automatically.
- For accessing WordPress control environment, open a browser enter your domain name in URL bar and enter “/wp-admin” at end of your domain name.
- After entering the WordPress user account details (username and password), WordPress “Dashboard“page will open and you can start to release your website.