How to Install WordPress on cPanel VPS
WordPress is one of the most popular CMSs (Content Management Systems), which has attracted many advocates recently. This system has a simple and flexible environment that makes it easy to use.
At this tutorial, we use cPanel as our web hosting control panel and we will install WordPress on it.
- Firstly, download WordPress by following this link: “Download WordPress”
- Then, in the cPanel environment select “File Manager”
- Go to “Public html” directory and click on “Upload” button.
- In upload page click on “Select File” button and select downloaded WordPress file.
- After uploading that zip file, right click on it and select “Extract” to copy all files to “Public html/” directory.
- After copying files, you must create a database for WordPress. To do so, open CPanel main page and select “MySQL Database Wizard”.
- Enter a database name in “New Database:” field and click on “Next Step” button.
- In the next step, you must create a user for the new database. Please enter a username and password into respective fields.
- In the last step, you must activate all database privileges for the created user. Click on “ALL PRIVILEGES” to give all permissions to the user for managing database. After that click on “Next Step” button.
- At this point, you have completed the database creation and you must start WordPress installation.
- Open a bowser and enter your domain name in URL bar to start WordPress installation.
- Select your language and click on “Continue” button.
- At this step, WordPress will ask you for the details of the database. You must fill out the respective fields such as database name, username, and password which you entered when creating the database.
- After clicking on “Submit” button, WordPress will check database connection status and will automatically proceed to the next step.
- If this process goes well, you should be able to run the WordPress installation, at this step click on “Run the installation” button.
- Give your WordPress site a title and enter the information necessary to create your admin account.
- Then click “Install WordPress” and WordPress login page will appear automatically.
- To access the WordPress control environment, open a browser, enter your domain name in URL bar with “/wp-admin” at end.
- After entering the WordPress user account details (username and password), WordPress “Dashboard“page will open and you can start to customize your website.