List of content you will read in this article:
The world of Minecraft creates ample villages, biomes, and several kinds of structures as per the player’s wish. You can randomly encounter many interesting things on your journey. For instance, fields, buildings, blocks, etc.
The game Minecraft is extremely popular amongst the masses. It is extremely simple to play. You can explore abundant things, or build your own little world. From simple homes to a big castle, anything.
In this tutorial, we are going to guide you with the procedure of getting the seed of a Minecraft server. But first, what exactly is a Minecraft Seed? Let’s find out!
What is a Minecraft seed?
As you have understood that the Minecraft game is all about creating a mini world of your own. You can build several worlds. Moreover, you have the liberty to choose which world you have to land into. Whenever you create one, a random value is assigned, known as Seed. This Seed is basically a barcode for the Minecraft saves. It also permits the players to share different worlds that they find with other players.
Moreover, if you make any changes in the new world, it won’t show in a new seed. Also, whenever a new patch originates from Minecraft, the change can be seen in each seed. Therefore, if you make a seed in the 1.1 version of Minecraft, it may be different in version 1.2.
Now, moving on, let us talk about getting the seed of the Minecraft server.
How to get the seed of the Minecraft server?
We have categorized this answer into two parts. Take a look.
- How to find the local world seed?
- The process to find the seed of the Minecraft server?
How do you find the local world seed?
Follow these simple steps as mentioned below:
- Go to Minecraft and then navigate to the single-player tab to join your world.
- Once the connection is established with the world, simply type ‘seed’ in the chat. Hit Enter.
- After you tap Enter, you receive a message with the seed ID. Tap on the ID to copy it on the clipboard.
Now, let’s hop onto our next segment.
The process to find the seed of a Minecraft server?
- The initial step is to navigate to your Apex panel and tap on Console.
- The next step is to type ‘seed’ in the console. After you finish typing, simply press Enter.
- Now, you shall see an output message with the seed ID.
Well, that’s it. You are done.
Additionally, here is another segment that showcases the procedure to change your seed.
Steps to change your Minecraft server seed?
The procedure is extremely simple. Here it is:
- Open the Apex Control Panel and halt the server too.
- Now, move to the left-hand side of your panel and tap on Config files. Then tap on the Server settings.
- The next step is to find the ‘Level seed’. Fill up the blank with the seed as per your requirement.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Save.
- Go to your main page and find the ‘World’ field. You have the liberty to change this field to any name.
- After you rename, you can restart your server and check whether your server has loaded the seed that you entered. To do that simply type ‘seed’ in the server console.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the seed of your server.
We hope that this article helps you to understand the concept of Minecraft seed and resolve your ambiguities. You can also find the list of the most useful Minecraft server commands in this blog.
Keep learning. Keep exploring.