List of content you will read in this article:
- 1. What is a Minecraft seed?
- 2. How to find the seed of the Minecraft server?
- 3. Steps to change your Minecraft server seed?
- 4. Conclusion
The world of Minecraft creates ample villages, biomes, and several kinds of structures per the player’s wish. You can randomly encounter many interesting things on your journey. For instance, fields, buildings, blocks, etc. The game Minecraft is viral amongst the masses. It is straightforward to play. You can explore abundant things or build your little world. From simple homes to a big castle, anything. In this tutorial, we will guide you through the procedure of finding the seed of a Minecraft server. But before diving into this, let’s understand what Minecraft Seed is and why it is important.
What is a Minecraft seed?
As you know, the Minecraft game is about creating a mini world of your own. You can build several worlds. Moreover, you have the liberty to choose which world you have to land in. A random value is assigned whenever you create one, known as Seed. This Seed is a barcode for the Minecraft saves. It also allows players to share different worlds they find with other players.
Moreover, it won't show in a new seed if you make any changes in the new world. Also, whenever a new patch originates from Minecraft, the change can be seen in each seed. Therefore, if you make a seed in the 1.1 version of Minecraft, it may be different from version 1.2. Now, moving to the original topic how to find Minecraft seed on server.
How to find the seed of the Minecraft server?
We have categorized it into two parts. Take a look.
- How to find the local world seed?
- The process to find the seed of the Minecraft server?
Type 1: How do you find the local world seed?
Follow these simple steps as mentioned below:
- Go to Minecraft and then navigate the single-player tab to join your world.
- Once the connection is established with the world, simply type ‘seed’ in the chat and Hit Enter button.
- After you tap Enter, you receive a message with the seed ID. Tap on the ID to copy it on the clipboard.
Now, let’s hop on to our next segment. i.e., Minecraft server seed.
Type 2: Process to get the seed of a Minecraft server
- The initial step is to navigate to your Apex panel and tap on Console.
- The next step is to type ‘seed’ in the console. After you finish typing, simply press Enter.
- Now, you shall see an output message with the seed ID.
Well, that’s it. You are done, and you have got your Minecraft seed.
Additionally, another segment showcases the procedure to change your seed.
Steps to change your Minecraft server seed?
The procedure is extremely simple. Here it is:
- Open the Apex Control Panel and halt the Minecraft server too.
- Now, move to the left-hand side of your panel and tap on Config files. Then tap on the Server settings.
- The next step is to find the ‘Level seed’ and fill in the blank with the seed per your requirement.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Save.
- Go to your main page and find the ‘World’ field. You have the liberty to change this field to any name.
- After you rename it, you can restart your server and check whether your server has loaded the seed you entered. To do that, simply type ‘seed’ in the server console.
Congratulations! You have successfully changed the seed of your server.
We hope that this article helps you to understand the concept of Minecraft seed and resolve your ambiguities in find the seed of a Minecraft server and its step-by-step guide. Also, you found the steps needed to change the Minecraft server seed. You can also find the list of the most useful Minecraft server commands in this blog.
Keep learning. Keep exploring.
People are also reading: