List of content you will read in this article:
- 1. What is RDP Wrapper?
- 2. How does RDP work on Windows?
- 3. How to configure RDP on windows 10? (professional versions)
- 4. How to enable RDP on Windows using RDP Wrapper
- 5. FAQ
- 6. Conclusion
Have you ever heard of RDP Wrapper? It's a great tool for anyone who needs to access multiple remote desktop connections. But what exactly is it, and why should you use it? Here we’ve covered all the information you need to make the most out of the RDP Wrapper. Let’s get started.
What is RDP Wrapper?
RDP Wrapper helps you to enable unauthorized remote desktop connections. It replaces the default Windows RDP service, allowing third-party services to access the system without administrator requirements. This provides an easy solution for people accessing content stored on a remote computer.
RDP Wrapper also increases the security of a system without relying on the standard RDP client and server architecture. RDP Wrapper is available in both open-source and closed-source versions. The open-source version of RDP Wrapper is a community project and includes
- A comprehensive list of supported operating systems.
- It is free of charge.
- Supports multiple versions of Windows, as well as Linux distributions.
The closed-source version is available at a cost and includes additional features such as:
- Increased security through encryption and authentication.
- More secure remote connection.
- More control over system configuration.
How does RDP work on Windows?
RDP is a protocol developed by Microsoft that allows users to access their PCs remotely over the internet. This means you can access any Windows computer, even if the user is miles away.
A user will enter their credentials, and the RDP protocol will securely connect the user's computer with their remote system. As a result, it allows them to access their files, applications, and other data. RDP also helps remote control a device, allowing users to see and interact with their PC or device.
How to configure RDP on windows 10? (professional versions)
To allow access to your computer, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key.
- Type ‘Allow remote access to your computer’ into the search box.
- Check the ‘Allow Remote Connections’ checkbox in the' Remote Assistant' section.
- Select ‘Network Level Authentication’ to add more security.
- Click on ‘Select Users’ to allow users to access your system through a remote desktop.
- Click on ‘Add’ in the ‘Remote Desktop Users' window.
- Type the user’s account name to give him accessibility.
- Click on ‘OK’.
Note: Different accounts cannot access your computer without a password through RDP.
To start a remote desktop connection:
- Hold R and Windows Key.
- Type ‘mstsc’.
- Click on OK.
How to enable RDP on Windows using RDP Wrapper
Click here to download RDP Wrapper Library, then take the following steps:
- Navigate to the RDP Wrapper’s folder path.
- Extract the folder.
- Run ‘RDPWInst.exe’.
- Then run ‘Install.bat’.
- Finally, run ‘RDPConf.exe’.
What is RDP Wrapper?
RDP Wrapper is a library that allows you to use Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) on machines running Windows home editions or servers without needing a license server.
Does RDP only work on Windows?
Yes, Remote Desktop Protocol only works on Windows. It enables users to connect to their Windows-based computers remotely.
Is RDP Wrapper safe and secure?
RDP Wrapper is generally considered a safe and secure tool for users looking to enable additional remote access features on their local systems.
Is RDP Wrapper legal?
It is legal. However, in some cases, Microsoft may take legal action when RDP Wrapper is used to get unauthorized access to computer systems or networks.
- RDP Wrapper is a free and open-source software application that enables users to access multiple Windows operating systems on the same computer.
- The software acts as a “wrapper” between applications and the Windows Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) service, allowing multiple RDP connections to be established on the same computer simultaneously.
- Through the RDP Wrapper, users can launch any number of preconfigured virtual desktops and use them to access multiple Windows operating systems at once, making it easier to work with multiple Windows environments simultaneously without switching computers or using multiple monitors.
People also read:
I'm fascinated by the IT world and how the 1's and 0's work. While I venture into the world of Technology, I try to share what I know in the simplest way with you. Not a fan of coffee, a travel addict, and a self-accredited 'master chef'.