There are different ways to transfer files between virtual private servers and computers, or vice versa. Although the method we will show you today adds the computer as a visible drive to your VPS, the files are still sent through the internet, thus the transfer speed will be affected by your connection. It will not be as fast as copying files between drives locally.
In this article we will cover how to upload files from PC to windows Server and how you can download files from your windows VPS. also we have an article to learn how to Upload file to linux VPS from your desktop PC.
The method shown in this article has many advantages such as:
- Files are available in only a few clicks
- No configuration required
- No need to install any applications
Here's how it's done:
- Run the Remote Desktop Connection in your PC.
- Click on Show Options.
- Open Local Resources tab.
- Press More... button under Local devices and resources category.
- Now choose drives you want to share, click OK and connect to the VPS.
Now you have shared one of your PC’s drives and have access to it from your VPS. This shared drive shows alongside the other VPS drives.