List of content you will read in this article:
There is also a possibility to set a time range to store the cache files. For example, if you set the cache to be stored for six months, only after six months will the data be removed. But keeping cache files for a long time will prevent you from seeing the updated version of the sites. It is why you should remove the cache files as a user and as a site owner so that the content is always up to date.
There are many ways to remove the cache from your WordPress site, but the most common way is through the cache plugins. In this guide, we will take you through the three most common caching plugins used in WordPress.
Why is Clearing WordPress Cache Important?
Generally, when you upload a new post or change anything in the content, then it creates a cache of outdated versions. However, there is the various situation in which the system creates cache in the WordPress and those reasons:
- Updating the themes or plugins of your websites.
- Making changes in the content or website design elements
- Migrating the website to the new host.
- Starting to use a new plugin for compressing the images.
- Moving the WordPress website for rooting.
So if you have made these changes in your WordPress, then you most probably are facing cache-related issues. Hence, it is important to clear the cache as it can create issues in the working of your website, and your website's traffic and growth may be effected through it.
How To Clear WordPress Cache
Now we will describe multiple procedures to remove or clear WordPress Cache easily and quickly from your system.
Clear Your Browser Cache
The first thing you can do is clear your web browser's cache, and it very easy to do, so follow the below procedure to perform it:
- Open your web browser (we are explaining for Google Chrome) and click on the three dots at the top right corner to open the options menu.
- In the options list, click on "More Tools" and select "Clear browsing history" then, it will open a new menu.
- In this menu, checkmark everything you want to remove from your browser and click on the "clear data" to delete the browser cache.
So here is the list of best plugins available for WordPress to clear cache easily and eliminate issues. Make sure you install these plugins to clear cache from WordPress easily.
W3 total cache is famous for its bandwidth-saving feature and the freedom it has for customization. You can use this plugin to clear your WordPress Cache from your website quickly. So here are the following steps to remove the cache:
- From your WordPress admin area, go to Performance > Dashboard
- Click on Empty all cache which is on top of the page
It is also one of the most common caching plugins used in WordPress. This plugin will automatically delete all cache files when you upload a new page or post but here is also how you can do it manually. For clearing the cache of WordPress, you can use this procedure:
- Go to WP Fastest Cache and select the Delete Cache tab
- Press the Delete Cache button
This is also very popular, and it has a wide array of caching features, including but not limited to cache schedulers and cache compression. you can easily clear cache from WordPress, using the following steps:
- From your WordPress dashboard, go to Settings > WP Super Cache
- Press Delete Cache located under the Delete Cached Pages
WP Engine is also an amazing plugin to clear cache, and it is a managed WordPress hosting provider. In case you are not able to find the issues, then you can quickly use WP Engine from the WordPress admin page. It is easy to use WP Engine, and here is the simple procedure to do it:
- First, click on the WP Engine menu from the admin bar.
- Now click on the 'General' settings and select the "all cache" button.
- Finally, WP Engine will start to clear all of the stored caches from your WordPress website.
So it was the thorough details on WordPress cache how you could easily delete them from your WordPress website. Caching is a really good way to improve the performance of the site. However, an outdated cache file will prevent you and your visitors from seeing the updated version of the website. Now we know how to remove cache from your WordPress site using three of the most famous caching plugins. On Monovm, we have a huge list of various informative blogs and guides that can help you to understand different things. Apart from it, we also offer multiple services like DNS servers, web hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server, and so on.