Apache is one of the most popular web server software, developed and maintained by Apache Software Foundation. It is based on Linux, however, due to its great functionality, users are also interested in getting it on Windows. You can use this tutorial to install Apache on all client and server versions of Windows except Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
- Click on the following link and download Apache web server for Windows: Windows Apache download
Note: Apache will require C ++ Redistributable Visual Studio to run on Windows. If you do not have it installed on your system, download it from one of the following links and install it.
- After downloading Apache, extract and copy it into a folder named Apache24 in C:
- Now, run CMD with administrator access. (to do so, press 'windows key' + 'R' simultaneously. In the opened 'Run' window, type: cmd)
Run the following command to enter bin folder:
- Now enter the command shown below to install Apache web server.
httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP”
- Open 'Run' (refer to step 3 for a guide on how to) and enter services.msc.
- Now, find Apache HTTP Server service and start this service by right clicking and selecting 'Start'
Now the Apache web server is installed and running on your Windows VPS.
- Open a browser and enter your computer’s IP. If you have completed all the steps correctly, you should see a page similar to the below image.
9. in this step you can put your files too apache root directory to be download or to be loaded in browser.
default apache root folder for windows is htdocs, you can copy your files to this folder to be loaded from
Browser as apache default index page.
some times you will get error on runing Apache webserver "Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name"
to solve this matter follow this article Apache Could not determine the server's fully qualified domain name.