A Brief Tutorial on How to Copy Text in Nano Editor
How to Copy in Nano Editor?
In nano, you can copy the text using two methods, and they are:
Using the Shortcuts Key Combinations
In a nano text editor, we can copy using the following steps:
- Set the target by moving the cursor to the beginning of the text and pressing CTRL + 6.
- Now highlight the text you want to copy using the arrow keys.
- After that, hold ALT + 6 to copy.
Using the Menu Bar
Take the steps outlined below to copy text from the Nano editor :
- To copy the text, keep the left mouse button down and move it to the right or left in the Nano editor to select the text so that the text is highlighted.
- Right-click the text which you have highlighted and select Copy from the menu.
Using the following commands and shortcut keys, we can copy the text in the nano editor. This will help you to copy the text from any text file in nano instantly. We also saw how we could select and copy the text using the right-click menu bar. We have included all possible ways to copy a file in nano.