Imagine you are a proud owner of a VPS where you manage your website, database, documents etc. Suppose that you have to access your VPS but you only have a mobile device with you. What should you do? The solution for this is to make a remote connection from your phone to the server. Follow the steps below to configure the application. (Note that this tutorial is based for Android devices)
- Download Microsoft remote desktop application from google play
- Open the application. You should see a first page such as below. Tap “+” icon in the top right section.
- Select desktop to make a desktop connection.
- Enter the valid IP of your VPS in “PC name” section. Also if you want to save your login credentials in this application, go to the user account name and save the server credentials. If you leave it blank, every time you want to login, credentials will be asked from you. Tap save to add the connection on the home page.
- After you save the connection, it appears in the home page and you can connect to the VPS by tapping on it.
- After selecting the VPS the application will start connecting to the VPS
- If you left empty “user account” option in step-4, here you should enter your login credentials again.
- The authentication page will be shown. Accept if you want to proceed connecting to your server.
- Congratulation! You can now see your VPS.