Changing the Password in WHM
What does WHM mean?
WHM stands for Web Host Manager which gives access to manage cPanel hosts. WHM has the ability to create and manage multiple cPanel users. In some cases a cPanel user may forget their password and ask you to reset it. This guide will show step-by-step how to reset the password of the user.
Reset the password using the following easy steps:
- Log in to your WHM account.
- In the left menu, click on the Account Functions.
- Click the Password Modification tool. You can do this from the left menu or from the main panel.
- Choose the username that needs password resetting.
- In the Password field, type the new password. You can also use the Password Generator button to create a random password by WHM.
- Click the change password button to save the new password.
Be sure to write the password because you will not see the password after you close this page.
Now the cPanel user can use the new password to access his or her cPanel account.
WHM does not automatically notify the user of the new password modification. If needed, you should inform the cPanel user regarding the password change.