List of content you will read in this article:
Doing a server benchmark task is not an arduous job. It can be done by simply copying and pasting one simple line of command in Putty or Terminal. A few years ago, the server benchmarking script by FreeVPS.us was popular and widely used by many people to find out how good their servers are.
These days, there are different sorts of modifications and brand-new server performance tester tools we need to know. This is important in terms of how to improve the performance of VPS
Furthermore, a lot of Linux users are looking for the best Linux and VPS Benchmark Scripts and Tools in the year 2023, they used to check the server or VPS performance when they bought it from the hosting enterprises. The Linux and VPS benchmark scripts are used to confirm the performance test for the Memory, CPU, Hard disks, and network of the server. In the following parts, we will describe the most and best scripts and tools for testing the performance of your server. Below, we listed the best options available that we also use them usually. Ultimately, it's important to consider your specific requirements and prioritize the factors that matter most to you when comparing VPS benchmarks.
How to find the best VPS performance based on benchmarks?
Some frequently used benchmarks to compare VPS performance include:
- CPU Performance: try to find VPS providers that offer high-performance CPUs based on multiple cores and high clock paces. You can leverage tools like UnixBench or PassMark to compare CPU performance.
- RAM: More RAM scoots over better multitasking; it allows for the handling of resource-intensive applications. Compare the amount of RAM offered by different VPS providers.
- Disk I/O: Disk I/O speed affects the read/write procedures of the VPS. Look for providers that offer SSD storage or RAID configurations for better disk access.
- Network Speed: Check the network speed and latency provided by different VPS provenance. Faster network speeds ensure quicker data transfer and better user experience.
- Uptime and Reliability: Look for providers that have a proven track record of high uptime and reliable service. Read and review customer reviews and testimonials to gauge their reliability.
- Scalability: Check if the VPS provider allows easy scalability, allowing you to upgrade resources as your needs grow.
VPS Benchmark Script
- Linux Bench
- Phoronix Test Suite
To go for any of these VPS benchmark scripts you should see the details of the test in terms of CPU, Memory, Storage, and Network that is the chief issue that most system admins need to examine. To use it for the CPU you are going to see the CPU Model, Number of cores, CPU frequency, and CPU performance bench.
In terms of Memory, you should check the total amount of memory, the whole storage of the swap, and memory certain benchmarks. To get it for Hard disks you should see the type of disk space HDD or SSD, partitions and names, the whole size of the disk room that is available, and input/output paces. In terms of Network, you should see the Internet connection pace the download speeds to many data nodes in the world.
Other Linux Benchmark Tools
UnixBench is the original BYTE UNIX benchmark collection, updated and revised by many users throughout the years.
This would be a scriptable database and platform performance benchmark.
- Bonnie – get/set ATA/SATA
driver parameters under Linux.
Small suits of programs to examine storage I/O performance.
The Phoronix Test package is an open-source, cross-platform automated testing/benchmarking tool.
This tool allows you to use Geekbench 4 from a command prompt, and free it with shell scripts or toolkit files.
Generate disk I/O workloads to be used for validating storage performance and storage data integrity.
This is a filesystem benchmark toolkit; that operates and measures a wide range of file operations.
This is an I/O sub-measure for measurement and characterization toolkit for both single and clustered systems.
Linux Interactivity Benchmark
This is an ATA/SATA driver parameter for Linux
A Benchmark for your VPS by dd, along with a how-to guide.
- We should know how to consider while choosing a VPS hosting, which one is the best cheap Linux VPS hosting. Check the links.
- Free VPS hosting is a sort of hosting with which the web network provides a virtual private server at for free. Once, you usually should pay to get resources you use such as bandwidth, storage, and CPU.
- Most of the free VPS hosting plans have limitations, so you need to upgrade to a paid plan if you use it excessively.
In this article, the issue of benchmarks to understand the speed of running VPS was mentioned and discussed. It is a virtual platform that enables virtualized server resources on a physical server which is common among other users. With VPS hosting, you get a server room empowered by a reserved amount of resources, providing greater control and customization than other options. If you have experience in this field, be sure to share it with us. Otherwise, you can contact us for the best cases so that we can offer you our best.