When installing Kali Linux on Windows, there could be problems that arise. One such problem that users will encounter is the problem with installing Kali's packages. Windows defender prevents from running and even install them at some points. Sometimes, when you want to install some Kali packages, Windows Defender will identify it as malware and will prevent from installing and running.
Follow this guide in order to fix this issue:
- Open Kali Linux through CMD or start menu.
- Now by entering the webshells command, Windows Defender will display security problems.
sudo apt-get install webshells
- After viewing defender’s message, click on it to open windows defender page.
- After opening defender, click on Server and then click on See Details.
- Now copy the Kali Linux packages’ installation address (just copy the part which specifies installation packages’ directory).
- On the right side, click on Virus & Treat Protection, then in the opened page, click on Virus & Treat Protection Settings.
- In Exclusions section, click on Add or Remove Exclusions.
- In this page, click on Add an Exclusion option and select Folder
- Paste the directory address which you copied in this section.
- After adding this address, you should not have issues with installing Kali packages.