Tutorial on installing Anti-Rootkit in CentOS 7
1. Connect to your Linux VPS with SSH(How to connect to SSH).
2. Now enter the following command to update your CentOS repositories.
3. Enter the following command to install the Chkrootkit prefix.
yum install wget gcc-c ++ glibc-static
4. After installing the prerequisites download chkrootkit , type the following command to download the compressed chkrootkit file.
wget -c ftp://ftp.pangeia.com.br/pub/seg/pac/chkrootkit.tar.gz
5. To ensure that the file is valid and not tampered with, download and check the MD5 hash file to make sure it not compromised.
After downloading, enter the following command to check the hash file with the original file.
md5sum -c chkrootkit.md5
The output of the above command should be as such:
Please Note: If you did not receive the same output above, do not install the downloaded file, as it may have been tampered with.
6. After ensuring the file, you need to import the following commands in order to remove the chkrootkit file from the compressed state and install it.
tar -xzf chkrootkit.tar.gz
mkdir / usr / local / chkrootkit
mv chkrootkit-0.52 / * / usr / local / chkrootkit
cd / usr / local / chkrootkit
7. Once the above steps are complete, chkrootkit is installed on your VPS server or dedicated server. You can now scan your server by entering the following command.
/ usr / local / chkrootkit / chkrootkit
If you consider scanning it automatically, you only need to define a Cron for it.