In order to install some applications on CentOS 7 VPS Server, we have to disable the network manager. Consider that we want to install cPanel, unless the network manager has been disabled, an error will occur at the first step of installation. Throughout this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make this and other installations possible.
- First, log in to Centos server using an SSH connection.
- Enter the following commands to stop network manager and remove it from Linux vps server startup.
systemctl stop NetworkManager.service
systemctl disable NetworkManager.service
- Then enter the following directory:
- Use ls command to list all files in this directory and find out your network adapter name.
for example, our network adaptor name is “eno2656”, therefore we use the VI editor to open this file.
Note: you can also use “nano” editor to open this file.
Once in the editor, you can see the network adaptor configuration. Add the following line at the bottom and save the file.
please note: you should enter the command as same as you see (including upper and lower case letters).
- Now enter the following command to start Linux default network service.
systemctl enable network.service
chkconfig network on
With these steps, you changed the network interface controller from network manager to Linux default network manager.
In the end, you can remove the network manager service with below command:
yum remove NetworkManager