Disable Windows Update
One of the ways to disable Windows from updating automatically, is by altering some settings from group policy(gpedit.msc). To perform this, follow the given steps:
- Press start+R to open run
- Type gpedit.msc to open local group policy editor.
- Go to the following directory:
- Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- When you click on “windows update” the list of objects(Group Policy Objects,GPO) will appear on the right side. Select “configure Automatic Updates” and double click on it.
- In opened window. Click on “Disabled” to disable windows update.
- Now click on Apply and Ok
If you are using windows 10 you can disbale Automatice update on windows 10 too.