One of the ways to disable Windows from updating automatically, is by altering some settings from group policy. To perform this, follow the given steps:
- Press start+R to open run and type gpedit.msc to open local group policy editor.
- Go to below directory: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
- When you click on “windows update” the list of objects will appear on the right side. Select “configure Automatic Updates” and double click on it.
- In opened window. Click on “Disabled” to disable windows update.
- All This configurations can be done on Windows VPS Server & Windows Dedicated Server too.