WordPress hosting; Explained
However, by choosing quality WordPress hosting, you can do the opposite of what we talk about above. Your website will be responsive, load fast, and significantly improve the performance of your site. It will help a lot if you learn what WordPress hosting is and what comes with WordPress hosting and its other forms. That's why we are sharing with you a complete guide on how WordPress hosting looks like and its types.
What is WordPress hosting?
WordPress hosting is a hosting that's been optimized to run WordPress. One of the main reasons why people love WordPress hosting due to its robust performance and security features. It also usually provides one-click WordPress installs to make it hassle-free for non-technical users. We all agree that not everyone is technically blessed.
That's why it becomes a tedious process for many people to choose the perfect hosting plan. An ideal hosting plan ensures additional WordPress features. At the same time, there are many types of web hosting: Shared, VPS, Dedicated, Managed, Free, and you can install WordPress on these hosting services as well.
Types of WordPress hosting
In the world of website hosting, shared web hosting is the king of all other servers. Due to its extremely affordable prices and smooth server, developers are always fascinated by this. Shared hosting is one of the most common web hosting services in many countries. We all know there are various types of hosting services on the internet, yet shared hosting is the most demanded one.
Experienced WordPress developers always consider shared web hosting as the number one choice for building websites. It allows potential creators to run websites in minutes. It can be the perfect choice for getting WordPress on it. However, a shared web server hosts several other websites together in one place. Each sharing consists of the server's resources, and memory, and CPU. In this hosting, the only thing that is not shared with others is the hard disk space.
If you have a large website, you must consider choosing the best hosting server. Shared web hosting can either be a great choice if you are a small business owner or can be a worse decision to select a better edge over this hosting. Shared web hosting is cheap as compared to other services, but security needs more than budget complexity.
Pros of Shared Hosting
- Shared hosting plans come much cheaper compared to dedicated and VPS hosting services. That's why many single website owners and small organizations tend to use shared web hosting.
- You will don't need to handle technical issues that occur because the server's administration and maintenance are taken care of by themselves.
- Most important, you don't need to possess any technical knowledge in website and server administration as the hosting provider takes care of everything.
Cons of Shared Hosting
- While the advantages are lovely, especially for the inexperienced, the disadvantageous are considerable:
- The first drawback of shared hosting is its severely limited functionality. It means you don't have any control over useful features, such as caching.
- The setup can host multiple websites on the same server, but shared hosting allows to host only one website per account. It slows down the server sometimes.
- There is no flexibility due to the web server and installed software are controlled by the web host.
Virtual private server (VPS) hosting
VPS hosting is another hosting that supplies more flexibility and comfort than shared web hosting. The concept of VPS hosting is very like shared hosting. It implies instead of having access to limited hard disk space on shared hosting, VPS lets you access a complete virtual machine with its natural operating system and user accounts. However, the simple meaning of VPS stands for a virtual private server.
This virtual operating system lives within a parent server and uses virtual technology to supply dedicated resources to the virtual server. Putting simply, the dedicated VPS hosting is created on a host, either a computer or a chain of the network. This environment is called a "parent server."
With VPS hosting, you have much more comfortability and freedom to decide your configuration. The perfect time to choose when you should opt for this server depends on your capability to adopt the additional setup. Besides, it also comes with significant maintenance at the same time. So, therefore, the question becomes a firm choice between you and your needs. Generally, companies who command big servers always consider VPS hosting.
Types of VPS Hosting
- Unmanaged VPS server: Here, you will have total control of the operating system.
- Managed VPS server: In this server most cases, you will not have any root access. Still, you can access the shell and conduct general administrative tasks.
Pros of VPS Hosting
- If you have no budget issues, VPS hosting can be the perfect deal for using WordPress hosting. It costs more than shared hosting due to its nature of giving its server.
- VPS hosting plans are customizable, so you can pay for what you need. You can easily configure the processing server options such as RAM and HDD space.
- VPS hosting allocates bandwidth and storage for each instance, so your performance is not affected by other servers.
- Another tremendous advantage over shared hosting with unmanaged VPS hosting is the root access on a virtual machine. It means you will have total control of the server.
- There is immense comfortability to install any software you want. So it's fundamentally easy to add functionality and customization, e.g., installing the Apache module.
Cons of VPS Hosting
- The main drawback of VPS hosting is, still are in the shared environment. You have allocated resources, but web hosts may not assign their resources due to too many VMs on a server, as an example. Another thing is, VPSs use their help at the top level. It might negatively affect the ability of your website.
- Another significant disadvantage of using VPS web hosts is, you will face limited support due to network issues. They are not ready to assist you with WordPress-related issues.
Managed web hosting is simple to service here web host takes care of the operation of the server. In contrast, the perfect and straightforward definition of managed web hosting is a term that applies explicitly to dedicated hosting. It is yet one of the most prevalent uses of managed hosting. However, you can find managed services nowadays in other hosting solutions such as cloud hosting or VPS.
The managed hosting servers usually offer busy website developers an elegant management-free solution for WordPress websites. There is currently more consideration toward cloud-based hosting, which comes as the managed server's source. For describing simply, the managed-to-host solution offers a WordPress website master template that enables you the WordPress dashboard.
So you won't be able to monitor WordPress instalment procedures. However, managed host providers will take care of keeping your WordPress version up-to-date. You will have the complete freedom to add and remove themes and plugins) yet, this convenience brings more investment than other hostings like VPS or Shared. Still, many businesses value their liberation from ordinary administrative website tasks. It means they can use their time and attention to their websites' content and marketing.
This question is mandatory when you want to launch your website. There should be great attention to the security layer of WordPress websites. The great thing is, cloud-based managed hosting providers give you reliable storage of your website completely free from all malicious activities. So it all boils down to the determining factor of whether it is convenient for your choice or not. You can decide according to the need of your server.
Pros of Managed Hosting
- Managed hosting is sequentially composed for WordPress with all the main pages that load speed and provide customization benefits.
- The packages of managed hosting generally offer a compelling bundle of perks. It provides caching systems, WordPress automatic updates, CDNs, frank rollbacks and backups, and security features. At the same time, others offer out-of-the-box support for framing websites. It enables users to preview website changes before publishing them on the website.
- Web hosts know how many visitors your website will get, and you are ready to pay for it. You don't need to be more concerned with running out of hardware resources.
Cons of Managed hosting
- There have been many cases, and you may not be allowed to install some plugins. Thus, you will have to find an alternative.
- The biggest drawback is that it depends on the vendor, so you may face restrictive at-time issues, especially when you have a large website.
Dedicated server hosting
Dedicated hosting is another hosting like VPS or Shared hosting, but it comes with different features. In this hosting, the physical server is dedicated to a single business client. Dedicated hosting plans are the perfect choice for WordPress websites with significant numbers of visitors. A large number of WordPress hosting providers offered dedicated hosting plans along with VPS and shared hosting packages.
In shared hosting, as an example, a website is sharing a computer with many other websites. In VPS hosting plans, the website shares a machine but no other resources to the computer, just like shared hosting. However, on dedicated hosting, a website rants a whole server with all of its natural resources. Web hosting companies around the globe offer different packages of dedicated hosting plans.
In this case, the preliminary decision renders upon whether having all the necessary resources to your server is worth the massive input. It means it requires a great deal of settlement for both setup and ongoing maintenance. It is the most significant for large businesses. Another factor to notice while deciding is that a dedicated server might be the perfect deal if you want to customize the server environment.
Pros of Dedicated Hosting
In dedicated hosting, you manage everything by yourself. From the OS onwards, you will have the complete freedom to set up your command and configure them to replicate specifications.
- High Performance and Security - You can maximize the uptime for your website through the help of dedicated hosting providers. A dedicated hosting server brings immense reliability and stability over other hosting services such as shared hosting. It makes you accountable that you are not sharing your space with any other malicious software.
- Flexibility - A dedicated server brings much flexibility. You can quickly customize your server as per your client's disk space, RAM, CPU, and software requirements.
- Full Control - One of the most popular benefits of dedicated hosting is, you will have full control of your server. You can decide to add your ideal management tool and application.
Cons of Dedicated Hosting
- Lack of specialized WordPress support - You will get no support for WordPress-related issues.
- High-cost setup - There are so many brags about the high-cost association with dedicated hosting.
Benefits of WordPress Hosting
Are you going to launch a website and look for a hosting provider to effectively handle traffic on your website? WordPress has come up with the best hosting services for its users. It provides several hosting plans and features to make the user's website smoother.
WordPress hosting commands technical requirements support for installing WordPress. These include WordPress MySQL 5.0.15 or PHP 5.2.4 or higher. However, you should not consider running WordPress on any hosting services. WordPress hosting will allow you to have essential features that help your website load faster and save time. It is also straightforward to install as they provide a one-click install feature.
In the world of web hosting, WordPress hosting is the priority among many developers. At the same time, WordPress hosting is just another form of hosting dedicated to providing a WordPress content management system. In some of the most common WordPress hosting documents, you'll find our shared web hosting and managed web hosting. Yet, there are many options available for choosing the right WordPress server.
We showed you four major hosting types. From the above, a shared WordPress hosting service is also considered to be classical WordPress hosting. The great thing about this hosting is its ability to get in at a lower cost. Afterwards, you will have a WordPress-optimized hosting platform that you will share with other users.
However, each user you share will have their own allocated server environment to help you get the most out of WordPress. Besides, a dedicated WordPress team will significantly help you manage and optimize your site and server environment.
Positively now have a complete understanding of what is WordPress web hosting? You can now decide whether to consider it or not. Now you can search for the best-managed WordPress hosting or dedicated WordPress hosting according to your needs and budget ability.