Accessing your Linux server SSH using an iOS device
In order to connect to the Linux VPS server from your iOS device, first of all you will need to set up the server and install SSH server. Note that in this tutorial we will be connecting to a CentOS server.
- Install openssh-server package:
sudo yum install -y openssh-server;
Now let’s move forward in connecting from your iOS device. Note that during this tutorial we will be working with “serverauditor” SSH client.
Download “Termius” from the AppStore
Open the application and create a free account.
Once you’re registered you will have the following window.
To create a new host connection, tap the + icon in the top-right of the app.
In the pop-up menu in order to create a new connection tap “New Host”
Then you will have to fill out the server details in the given fields.
- Alias - write out a nickname you’d like to give your remote SSH session.
- Hostname - add the IP address of the remote SSH server, or the hostname/domain name.
- Tap “Use SSH” then, fill out the remote Linux system’s username and password.
- Tap “Save” in Termius to save your connection information to the app.
Save the details after filling the information. Now you will be taken back to the initial window where your server will be shown. Click on the server to start the connection.
In the pop-up window, press continue and afterwards, you will be connected to your server.
Congratulations! You made it. Now you know how to access your server from an iOS device.
Here is complete guide about how to connect to SSH from all devices.