The following article explains how to install MySQL on a Windows Server. The process involves downloading the latest version of MySQL directly to your Windows server and then installing the software. MySQL is a free product. Once installed, you may begin creating and using MySQL databases on your server
To install MySQL, please follow these steps:
- Log into your server through Terminal Services or Remote Desktop Connection.
- Open a Web browser and load http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/4.1.html
- Download Windows (x86) ZIP/Setup.exe
Unzip the file you downloaded above and run Setup.exe.
- Click Next to begin the installation wizard.
Select Typical Installation and click Next.
- Click Install. The installation will take a few moments.
- Click Next until you reach the Wizard Completed screen.
- Check Configure the MySQL Server now and click Finish.
- Click Next to begin the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard.
Select Detailed Configuration and click Next.
Select Server Machine and click Next.
Select Multifunctional Database and click Next
For InnoDB Tablespace Settings, leave the default settings and click Next.
Select Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and click Next.
Check Enable TCP/IP Networking, leave the default Port Number and click Next.
Select Standard Character Set and click Next.
Check Install as Windows Service, uncheck Include BIN directory in Windows PATH and click Next.
Enter a password for your root user, uncheck Create an Anonymous Account and click Next.
- Click Execute to complete the installation.