How to choose and configure your FTP server in WHM?
- An FTP server provides your clients with the means to upload files to their accounts. FTP is generally a more reliable and faster way to transfer files than cPanel’s File Manager, especially when dealing with large files.
- WHM allows you to choose from two FTP servers, both of which have options you can configure.
- Go to service configuration section.
- Click FTP Server Selection. Here you will get advantages and disadvantages of using ProFTPD versus Pure-FTPD (the default). In most cases you want to stick with PureFTP.
- You can also disable your server’s FTP capabilities completely.
- Click save when you are done. Then move to FTP Server Configuration page.
- Each FTP server has its own configuration options, but they should be fairly similar.
- You can disable anonymous logins and uploads from the box. You can disable both.
- Scroll down, to adjust the Maximum Idle Time. Click save when you are done.