How to change an account's disk quota in WHM?
Remember that some webhosts want their clients to think disk space is unlimited; it is one of the most finite resources on your system. You must therefore ensure that each cPanel account has a reasonable disk quota in place.
- Login to the cPanel account.
- There are two ways to get to the quota modification page for an account. Go to “Account Information”.
- Click the List Accounts. Pick out which row in the table represents the account whose quota you wish to change, then scroll to the right.
- On hovering over the row, you will get edit icons that appears beneath a number of options. Click the one under Quota to edit this account’s disk quota.
- In Quota Modification, enter a new value, in megabytes. Or, use unlimited that will change from 4Gb to 3Gb. Click change. Now your new quota has been set.
- The second way to get to the quota page of an account, click Quota Modification under Account Functions.
- Now select from the list the domain name or users belonging to the account, and then submit the page. You will be taken to the same page as on the first step you did.
- If you have problem getting quotas to work on your accounts, then disk quotas have probably not been set up correctly on your system.