All ports in windows 2008 is blocked by default.
For running an application needs specified port you should open it in firewall configuration .
In this post you will see how to open ports in windows firewall.
Also video of this post is available in the below.
Also if you need windows VPS you can buy windows vps from monovm .com
- go to Start > Administrative Tools > Windows firewall with Advanced Security
2. in this step select Inbound Rules and then New Rule .
3. In This step select Port .
4. In this step you can open all ports by selecting All local Ports or you can open specified port in specific local ports .
5. in this step select Allow the connection.
6. in this step select next and put fileds default.
7. in this step choose name for your rule and finish the configuration process.
Video of this Post :