WordPress Plugins: TinyMCE Advanced
- by Antoniy Yushkevych
- in Web Hosting
- View 494
TinyMCE (i.e. Tiny Moxiecode Content Editor) is one of the most commonly used plugins for WordPress. It allows you to write, edit and format text on your website. You can also insert media using the “Add Media” button, which opens the WordPress Media Library where you can upload files or select previously uploaded ones. The file’s title, caption, alt text and description can also be added and edited.
While TinyMCE is great for building modern content creation experiences, in order to unlock its full potential, we suggest using TinyMCE Advanced. This plugin will let you manage the buttons that are shown on the Visual Editor toolbar. It also includes 15 plugins for TinyMCE that are automatically enabled or disabled depending on the buttons you have chosen. In addition, this plugin adds options for keeping the paragraph tags in text mode and importing the CSS classes from the theme’s editor-style.css.
Here are some of the features added by TinyMCE Advanced:
- Classic Paragraph block that can be used instead of or together with the standard Paragraph block.
- An option to set the Classic Paragraph or Classic block as the default block in the block editor.
- Supports converting of most default blocks to classic paragraphs, and from classic paragraphs back to the default blocks.
- Support for creating and editing tables in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- More options when inserting lists in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Search and Replace in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
- Ability to set Font Family and Font Sizes in the Classic blocks and the classic editor.
In this day and age, privacy is a glaring concern (we’re looking at you, Facebook). TinyMCE Advanced does not collect or store any user-related data, does not set cookies and does not connect to any third-party website. It only uses functionality that is available in WordPress and TinyMCE Editor.