Transferring Your Domain away from MonoVM
- by Elo H
- in domain
- View 59
Do you want to transfer domain out to another registrar?
This article explains how to prepare your domain to be transferred from Monovm to a new registrar. You should complete some steps with Monovm and some steps with the new registrar. This process can take up to 10 days to be done.
Domain Transfer steps on Monovm side
In general, the following requirements must be considered in order to have your domain successfully transferred to the new registrar:
- The domain name to be transferred should be in “ok” or “active” status
- The owner of the domain should have access to the domain’s administrative email address.
- The owner of the domain name should have access to the Domain’s EPP/Authorization code.
- The domain name must be at least 60-days old.
- The domain name must not Transferred in last 60-days.
- The domain name registrant information should not be changed in last 60-days.
Updating the registrant contact information (name, organization, or email address) for a general top-level domain (gTLD) will initiate a Change of Registrant process which requires additional verification before the new information is saved.
- The domain name should not be renewed in last 45-days.
- The domain name should have more than 10-days before expiration.
- The domain name must not have an active ID protection or Theft Protection service.
Let's prepare your domain to transfer process
- Log in Monovm DomainCP
How to login DomainCP? HERE
- Find the domain through Jump To Domain option
- Turn Off Privacy Protection(only where approval is required) , Disable the Theft Protection.
- Then, Click on Domain Secret and update it, it is your domain authorization code(known as Secret Code, EPP Code, Transfer Code).
- Your domain is ready to Transfer, continue the process in new registrar side.