Transfer Domain to Monovm
- by Elo H
- in Domain
- View 209
If you have an active domain and need to transfer it to a new company/registrar, it requires two steps. The domain transfer process is very simple, First, you should prepare the domain on your current registrar side and then purchase a transfer service from the new registrar (Monovm).
Confirming if a Domain Name can be Transferred
There are various cases where a domain name may not be transferable to another registrar. This could happen in the following circumstances:
Domain name is less than 60 days old: If the domain name you are trying to Transfer was registered less than 60 days ago, the request will get rejected by the registry itself.
Domain name has been transferred less than 60 days ago: A domain name can not be transferred to another registrar within 60 days of a previous transfer.
A domain name can not be transferred from Registrar B to Registrar C, if it has been transferred to Registrar B from Registrar A within the last 60 days.
Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension has been applied on your domain name: If Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension has been applied on your domain name at the current registrar, then a transfer for that domain name to another registrar will not be allowed. You will first have to disable Theft Protection / Lock / Suspension for the domain name and then proceed with a transfer.
Privacy Protection has been enabled on your domain name: If you have enabled Privacy Protection for your domain name, then you need to disable it, before trying to transfer it.
Domain name is in the Redemption Grace Period or in the Pending Delete status: If the domain name is in either of these statuses, it can not be transferred.
How to prepare your domain and transfer it to Monovm
- Unlock (Disable the ID Protection and Theft Protection) the domain name on your current registrar.
- Obtain an authorization code (known as Secret Code, EPP Code, Transfer Code) from your current registrar.
Note: There are different instructors and interfaces to unlock and obtain authorization code on your original registrar. For example, you can find how to do it on Monovm HERE .
- Use the following link and put your Domain and its Transfer(EPP) code and Search it
- Once the Transfer Service Order has been added to your cart, select the preferred features and click Continue
- Signup or login into Monovm, choose your payment method and click Continue (please note that to transfer a domain, you should pay at least 1-year domain hosting cost)
After the domain transfer process is initiated, You will receive an email with a confirmation link. This link will be valid for 5 days and you will need to click on the link to confirm and start the transfer process.