List of content you will read in this article:
One of the most important ways of communication between a site manager and users is the presence of a contact form on the site. In this article, we will introduce the Contact Form to Email WordPress plugin to help you establish communication paths between yourself and your users.
Contact Form Email WordPress Plugin
Among WordPress plugins, there are several plugins available to create a contact form depending on the users' needs and features. The Contact Form to Email plugin is a full-featured plugin that will meet many of your requirements in this area. Also, the features of this plugin can be free of charge and can be installed through the WordPress repository. By installing the WordPress plugin Contact Form to Email, your form information will be sent to your email as well as the site database and CSV file.
Contact For to Email Plugin Features
Here are some of the features of this plugin:
Email delivery / notifications: The contact form data is sent by email to one or more email addresses. It also supports the configuration of auto-replies to the user who filled the contact form.
Form data saved into the database: Avoid losing submissions and keep a record of the received contact form messages.
Printable list of messages: Get the list of contacts received from the contact form within a selected date range and print it.
Export data to CSV/Excel: Export the contact form data to a standard format that can be used by other applications. Export the email addresses and other contact form data using date and text search filters.
Automatic reports: Provide automatic reports of the contact form usage and data entered into the form. Report of daily submissions and accumulative hourly report. Printable reports for specific fields into the contact form. Helps you to understand your data.
Automatic email reports: Automatic reports sent to the indicated email addresses on a regular period.
Form Validation: Set validation rules for each contact form field. Keep your data clean.
Anti-spam protection: Built-it captcha anti-spam protection. No need to rely on external services for the contact form anti-spam protection.
Drag and drop contact form builder: A basic and easy to use contact form builder for customizing the form fields and form validation.
Customizable email messages: Specify the text of the contact form email notifications. Supports both plain text emails and HTML formatted emails.
Multi language support: The contact form builder allows to enter the field labels and validations in any language. It supports special characters.
Classic and Ajax submission: After clicking the submit button the user can be redirected to a “thank you” page or a “thank you” message can be displayed in the same form page without having to refresh it. This can be configured in the settings.
Enable/Disable notifications: Both email notifications to administrators and email confirmation to users can be optionally enabled or disabled form the settings area.
The Form Builder is one of the neatest features of the Contact Form Email plugin. It allows you to visually add, modify, and delete text fields, text areas, and emails with respective validations.
The Form Builder lets you to add/edit/remove fields into the contact form and also to specify the validation rules for your contact form (required fields, email fields, etc…).
The following field types are currently available in the version published at this WordPress directory:
- Single Line Text: Classic one-line text input.
- Email: This field validates that the email address has a valid format.
- Paragraph Text: Classic multi-line (textarea) text input.
In other versions of the plugin the following field are also available: Numeric field with specific validations, Date-picker, Checkboxes, Multiple Choice Radio buttons, Dropdown / Select, Upload file fields, Password, Phone with specific validations, static texts, section breaks and page breaks for multi-page contact forms.
Other features in the contact form builder:
- Equal fields validation: Use it for example to confirm if the email or text typed in two different fields are the same. This is valid for “Single Line Text” and “Email” fields.
- Dependent fields: Use this feature for show/hide fields (any field type) based in the selection made on other fields (checkboxes, radiobuttons or select/drop-down fields). This feature isn’t fully available in this version since the related fields aren’t included.
Editing the field settings in the Contact Form Builder:
When you click a field already added into the contact form builder area, you can edit its details and validation rules. The following properties are available:
- Field Label: Label for the field in the public contact form and into the email.
- Field tag for the message: In addition to the general %INFORMATION% tag, you can use this tag to show the field value into a specific tag of the email. More info at the WordPress Contact Form to Email FAQ.
- Specific settings: The settings depends of the field type.
- Validation rule: The validation rules depends of the field type, example: required, valid email, …
- Predefined value: Pre-filled value for the field, if any.
- Instructions for user: This text will appear in a smaller form below the field. It’s useful for giving instructions to the user.
- Add CSS layout keywords: Customize the look & feel. More info at the WordPress Contact Form to Email FAQ.
How to Install Contact Form to Email Plugin
To install Contact Form to Email, follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the Contact Form to Email plugin
- Upload the entire contact-form-to-email/ directory to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the Contact Form to Email plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress
- Configure the contact form settings at the administration menu -> Settings -> Contact Form to Email
- To insert the contact form into some content or post use the icon that will appear when editing contents
We hope that this informative article has helped you better understand the Contact Form to Email WordPress plugin and the different features it offers. If you have any questions or suggestions. Please leave them in the comment section below.
One OF my major goals is getting new experiences about ICT and what’s more making progress through this field.