Suppose that you have a VPS server and when you log in, copy and paste function not working. In this article, we want to describe how to fix this problem.
In this situation, we should verify some steps to complete find the source of problem. We mark diagnoses steps by A, B. at first you should complete step A and then go to step B.
- In source computer that you want to make a connection, open remote desktop windows and click on “show options”. Go to “local resource” tab and check “clipboard” check box like below figure.
- In pervious step, if you can’t solve the problem, going to login in the VPS and do as below:
1. Open “task manager” by typing “taskmgr” in run window and press enter. In opened window, go to “processes” tab and lookup for “RDP Clipboard Monitor” proccess. In windows server 2008, it is named as “rdpclip.exe”. Right click on it and end task.
- In same task manager window, open file menu and click on “Run new task”. Type “rdpclip” and press enter to run.
- Note: if you have this problem every time that you logged in VPS, add a task to task manager to restart “rdpclip” function.