This article shows you how to add an additional IP address to a Windows Server. The steps are nearly considered the same for Server 2008 or 2012.
Steps for Configuring an IP Address
- Login to your RDP server via ‘Remote desktop connection’ (How to connect to Windows server)
- Press the Win Key + R
- In the Run window, type the ‘ncpa.cpl’ and click OK
- Right-click on ‘Local Area Connection’ (your selected interface) and select ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ then click ‘Properties’
- In the General tab click the 'advanced' button.
- Click the "Add" button under the IP addresses section of the IP Settings tab.
- Enter the IP address & and subnet mask and click the Add button.
- Click the OK button to close the Advanced TCP/IP Settings window.
- Click the OK button to close the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties window.
- Click the Close button to close out of the Local Area Connection Properties window.
Note: If you would like to add another IP address, simply repeat steps 7 and 8 for each new IP.