In this tutorial, we will take you through managing your DNS in DirectAdmin
First, log in to the DirectAdmin panel.
Click ‘DNS Management’ from the ‘Your Account’ section.
- Now we can see the zone files of your domain.
NS – Nameserver record. Specifies the hostname that was used to search the domain.
A – Address record. Matches the domain name to an IP address.
MX – Mail Exchange Record. It matches the list of servers that handles the mailing of the domain.
CNAME- Canonical Name record. It matches the domain name to an alias.
- Select the corresponding record and click the ‘Delete Selected’ button if you want to delete any record.
- If you want to add any record, you can add it in the section ‘Add Domain Records’
For example, to add a new ‘A’ record, insert the zone's name in the left column, followed by the IP in the right column, and then click on the ‘Add’ button.
- You can modify the MX record by clicking the button ‘Modify MX records.
mx record in directadmin
- If you want to delete any MX record, select the record and click ‘Delete Selected’.
- If you want to add another MX record, we can add it in the section ‘Add Another MX record’ and click the ‘Add’ button.
These are the easy steps used in managing your DNS in DirectAdmin.