First login to DirectAdmin panel.
Click ‘DNS Management’ from ‘Your Account’ section
- Now we can see the zone files of your domain.
NS – Nameserver record. Specifies the hostname that was used to search the domain.
A – Address record. Matches the domain name to an IP address.
MX – Mail Exchange Record. It matches the list of servers that handles mailing of the domain.
CNAME- Canonical Name record. It matches the domain name to an alias.
- If you want to delete any record, select the corresponding record and click ‘Delete Selected’ button.
- If you want to add any record, you can add it in the section ‘Add Domain Records’
For example, to add a new ‘A’ record, insert the name of the zone in the left column, followed by the IP in the right column, and then click on ‘Add’ button.
- You can modify MX record by clicking the button ‘Modify MX records’.
mx record in directadmin
- If you want to delete any MX record, select the record and click ‘Delete Selected’.
- If you want to add another MX record, we can add it in the section ‘Add Another MX record’ and click ‘Add’ button.
This is the easy steps which is used in managing your DNS in DirectAdmin.